What You Need:
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup finely chopped pickles
- ⅓ cup finely chopped celery stalk
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onions
- 2 Tbsp vegan mayo
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- ¼ ripe avocado, sliced (optional)
- Spinach or lettuce leaves
What You Do:
- In a medium bowl, mash all of the chickpeas with a potato masher until almost all of the beans are broken down. A few whole chickpeas left is ok.
- Add the pickles, celery stalk, red onions and vegan mayo. Mix well. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Toast your bread and layer your sandwich with spinach, avocado, and your chickpea salad.