- 1 (8 ounce) box of pasta
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp. sage leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion flakes
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup unsweetened, non-flavored almond milk
- 2 tbsp. flour (you can use a gluten-free flour but probably not almond or coconut flour)
- salt and pepper
1. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
2. In the meantime, prepare the sauce. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour until incorporated. This will happen quickly so watch for burning. Gradually pour in the milk, about ¼ a cup at a time, whisking continuously. Once all the milk is in, turn the heat down to low and allow to cook until the mixture is thick, this may take about 8-10 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and add the nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion flakes, cayenne and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well combined.
4. Pour sauce of cooked pasta and sprinkle with sun-dried tomatoes and sage. Stir together and serve warm.