Spring is right around the corner and you know what that means… time for some Spring Cleaning! Just as winter is a time of preservation & maintenance, spring is a time of cleansing and renewal. In ancient Chinese medicine, spring is the time of year in which liver function and detoxification are most active. Meaning it’s the perfect time to do a cleanse. Incorporating fresh, nutrient-rich juice into your diet is one way to help the body clear unwanted toxins and relieve symptoms such as headaches, bloating, low libido, poor memory, unwanted weight gain, etc. Here are some tips on cleansing this spring season.
- Supplementing with milk thistle to nourish and support the liver
- Avoid Inflammatory foods such as processed foods, sugars, trans fats
- Consume at least 2-3 liters of filtered water
- Avoid alcohol & caffeine
- Consume foods that are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and fiber
- Get at least 8 hours of good quality sleep each night