Watermelon Season is my jam and super versatile. I will add it to my smoothies, juices, eat it whole, make watermelon gazpacho, or even poké bowls. Watermelon has some of the highest water content, around 92%, making it one of the most hydrating foods you can eat. This year try doing a 1 day watermelon fast to hydrate your skin and cleanse your kidneys. You can either eat watermelon whole and/or drink watermelon juice all day.
Check out my Watermelon Gazpacho for more hydrating summer inspiration.
- 48 ounces of fresh watermelon juice
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 farmhouse tomatoes (1 juiced, 1 diced)
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 16 oz of diced cucumbers
- 16 oz of diced watermelon chunks
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely diced (removed pith and seeds for no heat)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of granulated garlic
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of rice wine vinegar
Combine watermelon juice, juice of 1 tomato and juice of lime together, then strain. Discard any pulp into your compost bin. Add diced onion, cucumbers, watermelon chunks, tomato, cilantro, jalapeno, salt, garlic, olive oil, and vinegar to juice. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with diced avocado.