- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (15 ounces) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable broth (I like Pacific Foods)
- 1 (9 ounces) package cheese tortellini
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- Heat a large pot over medium heat, and once hot, add the olive oil. Add the onion, carrots, and celery and cook until vegetables have softened about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and spices (through pepper) and let cook for another 2-3 minutes until fragrant and reduced.
- Add in the beans, broth and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add in the tortellini and let cook for 5 minutes.
- While the tortellini is cooking, place the soy milk and flour in a mason jar or another container with a lid and shake until well-combined. Gently add the milk slurry mixture into the soup and let cook for 10-15 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in the chopped spinach and 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar until spinach has wilted. Season to taste with more salt/pepper as needed and serve!