This oatmeal cup recipe is fool-proof. The ingredients can be easily manipulated to produce the amount and flavor you like. You can choose to omit peanut butter or bump up the maple for extra sweetness. You can even add apple butter and slices and make an itty bitty apple pie cups.
1 cup oats + more to top
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
Dash of salt
3 T natural peanut butter
1 t cinnamon
1/4 cup walnuts, blueberries or chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Combine oats, cinnamon, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl
2. Add almond milk, maple syrup and peanut butter (*add more or less almond milk until a very thick liquid batter is formed)
3. Fold in nuts, fruit or chocolate chips
4. Place 5-6 cupcake liners in a pan and with equal amounts of batter (if not using liners, just ensure cupcake pan is greased). Place in the oven for 15-20min. Cups should be moist but firm with a crispy top.
5. Remove from oven, let cool until warm, and top with butter, peanut butter or have them plain. Enjoy!