It's Muffin Monday (who knows, maybe it will catch on)! These moist chocolate zucchini muffins are bursting with rich chocolate chips, crunchy walnuts and the flavors of a cup of chai-spiced tea. What more could you want?
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. powdered ginger
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with papers.
- In medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves and salt.
- In a separate, medium sized bowl, stir together banana, vanilla and brown sugar until fully blended. Add oil and stir a few times. Add zucchini and stir to incorporate.
- Add wet mixture to dry and stir just until blended. Fold in chips and walnuts.
- Divide mixture among muffin cups. Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack. Cool completely before removing from cups.