This Nectarine and Avocado Salad checks off a bunch of boxes for me – it’s got fruit (check), tofu(check), a sweet homemade dressing (check) made with lime juice, and chewy wheat berries. It manages to be both light and filling at the same time and it’s highly customizable (check).
- 1 (5-ounce) package spring mix salad greens
- 2 nectarines, pitted and sliced
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1 cup wheat berries, cooked according to package instructions and cooled
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) package marinated tofu, cubed (optional)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Divide the greens into 4 large bowls. Place the nectarines, avocado, wheat berries, sliced onion, and tofu on top of the greens.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing onto the salads and serve.
I used Chimichurri hemp tofu for this salad, but any flavor of baked marinated tofu will work. Add it cold or cook it on an indoor grill or in a skillet first.