Tahini Almond Cookies, chewy delicious gluten-free, dairy-free and sugar-free nutritious cookies, fast and easy to make.
1 cup almond flour (or almond meal, or ground almonds)
1/3 cup chickpea flour (if you want to omit chickpea flour, replace with 135 g of almond flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup tahini
1 ½ Tbs olive oil
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
roasted, salted pistachios, chopped, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine almond meal (or ground almonds), chickpea flour and baking soda.
- In a smaller bowl, weigh and stir together maple syrup, tahini, oil and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and combine until you have a medium stiff cookie dough.
- Use a small ice-cream scoop to portion the dough and place it on the prepared baking sheet.
- Flatten the dough balls with a fork and top with chopped pistachios.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned. They will still be soft and harden as they cool.
- Cool on a wire rack.
The cookies are best eaten fresh or within a day. They can be stored in an airtight container for a few days, but they will lose some of their chewiness, becoming a little hard.