Fall means everything pumpkin right?
- One package of shells (you'll use about half)
- For the Tofu Ricotta
- 1 package of extra firm tofu (14oz), pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 Tablespoon warm water
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Pepper to tatse
- For The Pumpkin Filling
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 1/4- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/16 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- For the Sage Cream
- 1 cup cashews soaked and drained (soaked at least 2 hours)
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk
- 1 Tablespoon miso paste
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 heaping cup of fresh sage, roughly chopped
Step 1. Cook shells until done, drain and set aside
Step 2. For the Tofu Ricotta You're tofu should be pressed, meaning you have gotten out as much water as you can. This can be done by gently squeezing it then wrapping it in paper towels or dish towels with a book on top for 30 minutes. Or just squeeze out what ya can and move on!
Step 3. Add all tofu ricotta ingredients together, combine and set aside. This is tofu, crumbled up with your hands, cornstarch and water, salt, basil, oregano, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and pepper.
Step 4. For the Pumpkin Filling, combine it's ingredients and set aside. This is the pumpkin, salt, nutmeg, cloves, maple syrup, and smoked paprika.
Step 5. Fill shells with tofu ricotta and pumpkin fillings then put in the over for 15 minutes at 350° While that cooks, make your sage cream.
Step 6. For the Sage Cashew Cream blend until smooth all it's ingredients and set aside. This is the soaked and drained cashews, milk, miso, garlic power, and fresh sage.
Step 7. Once shells are done, drizzle with Sage Cashew Cream and...