Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
All you need is one pot and 25 minutes to make this easy weeknight dinner.
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 Vidalia onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 pound frozen artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a large pot, combine the pasta, onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, baby spinach, artichoke hearts, olive oil, salt, black pepper, water, wine, and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and let simmer, stirring often, until the noodles are cooked to desired consistency and the sauce has thickened, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, stir again, and then serve warm.
Read more at http://ohmyveggies.com/one-pot-spinach-and-artichoke-pasta/#5jDf5yJeU64g7vs1.99