- 1 bunch of kale, de-ribbed and chopped
- ½ pomegranate, seeded
- ½ navel orange, juiced
- ½ navel orange, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tbsp. sea salt
- ½ tbsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan. Toss in kale and stir continuously, cook for 3-5 minutes until kale is bright green but not wilted. Remove from heat immediately.
- In a small pan, heat chopped walnuts over low heat and add maple syrup. Cook until the nuts are slightly brown but be sure not to burn. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat once browned.
- Put warmed kale in a large serving bowl and pour orange juice over it. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder and stir.
- Top with pomegranate seeds, orange slices and walnuts. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for later.