Taco Tuesday just got better!
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
2. Bring the lentils and 2½ cups of water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until lentils soften, around 20 minutes.
3. Sauté the onions, garlic, and jalapeños in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the onions start to turn brown and translucent, about 8 minutes. Add water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time as needed, to keep the vegetables from sticking to the pan.
4. Add the cooked lentils and taco seasoning to the saucepan.
5. Mix well, add the vegetable stock, and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Drape each corn tortilla over two bars of a vertical oven rack so that the tortilla’s two opposing sides hang down, evenly, facing each other.
7. Cook the tortillas until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes.
8. Spoon lentil mixture into the taco shells. Top with tomatoes, lettuce, guacamole, jicama, and salsa.